Saturday, February 21, 2009

Slideshare

In the beginning slideshare was some what difficult, as you examine all the different tools in slideshare it become less difficult. This was my second powerpoint presentation that have done i had to rethink all the tools in powerpoint. Slideshare and powerpoint is great objective for students to learn different ways of learning. Instead of normal lectures and textbooks. The use of techology is used in a postive way, for example by inserting pictures, graphics, and music into your presentation. Making the lesson a little more interesting.

My unit plan is Life Cycle of Plants. By using the subjects of Mathematics, Language Arts, and Social studies the student could learn the different techniques in the life cycle of plants in three subject. In mathematics the student could how to construct a class garden, collect daily or weekly data of their garden. Language art the students can write a paper on the advantages and disadvantages of the class garden that the students observed during their project. My social studies lesson will be group project. The students will get in groups compare their data and make a graph, also have to make a presenation on the class garden.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you also about being confused. When I first saw all of the directions and information I was really confused. I also agree that after you examine what all the website has to offer you become less overwhelemed. I also think that this is a great tool for students to learn and create projects with. I think it will also teach students to read directions and problem solve.

    You had some really great ideas on your slide share project. I liked all the ideas you had for the different subjects. You had some fun ideas that I think kids would really enjoy doing. I think that the children making a class garden would be really fun. I think it is a good way to bring your class together and show them how to work on things as a group. You did a really good job.

    ReplyDelete